[wix-users] Font installation

Douglas, Keith (STATCAN) keith.douglas at canada.ca
Wed Jun 15 06:30:03 PDT 2016

I'm responsible for the tool  (front end to WiX) to build installer packages for a new (Apache Tomcat based) web application we're developing. Somewhere in all of that are several OpenType and TrueType fonts for whatever purpose. I notice that these have file versions. I have a reporting tool for my users that gives the Windows Installer hashes for files without versions and the versions for files with them. I notice that these font files have versions. However, the versions picked up are wrong. For example, "FontAwesome.otf" has "File version" "4.2.0 2013" and this gets parsed as 0.0.0.0. I take it that this is because the version is malformed. Will this affect the "is this an upgrade" rules?

Keith Douglas

Programmer Analyst, Collection Systems Division
Statistics Canada / Government of Canada
Keith.Douglas at canada.ca<mailto:Keith.Douglas at canada.ca> / Tel : 613-854-5589

Programmeur analyste, Division des systèmes de collecte
Statistique Canada / Gouvernenment du Canada
Keith.Douglas at canada.ca<mailto:Keith.Douglas at canada.ca> / Tél :613-854-5589