[wix-users] Check Installed DirectX version

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Jun 14 21:03:40 PDT 2016

Not InstallCondition, DetectCondition.

From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Farrukh Waheed
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:57 PM
To: WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Subject: [wix-users] Check Installed DirectX version

Hi
In Burn, how can we check the version of installed DirectX on any machine before launching its installer?

Presently, I'm launching DirectX 11 installer and thought its installer would do the necessary check, but it always install even if Directx 11 is already installed...

 <ExePackage Cache="no"
                  Compressed="yes"
                  PerMachine="yes"
                  Permanent="yes"
                  Vital="yes"

SourceFile="$(var.PreReqDir)Microsoft\DirectX\2010\DirectX_June_2010.exe"
                  InstallCondition="VersionNT=v6.1"

      </ExePackage>

I need to improve its InstallCondition here to check if it is already installed.
Thanks