[wix-users] How to support the Cancel button during an Update download

Stephen Downard stephen.downard at medfusion.com
Tue Jun 14 14:30:25 PDT 2016

Has anyone been able to cancel an update after calling m_pEngine->SetUpdate( ) when using HyperLinkTheme?  Builtin cancel does not work and explicitly setting m_fCanceled to TRUE does not work.  I've tried hacking several of the builtin methods to force a cancel but nothing works.  I also implemented a TerminateProcess to prevent the Update from executing but that prevents the burn engine from cleaning up, which in the end causes a re-execution failure.