[wix-users] MBA, Debugging Upgrade session

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 03:07:52 PDT 2016

Hi experts,
In my MBA, this is where I'm no where. I'm trying to debug the Upgrade
session. My code has
#if DEBUG
  Debugger.Launch();
#endif
which hits perfectly if its a normal installation and I am able to debug my
code, but not when Upgrade instance hits the debug, I got no source code.

Here is sequence
Installed 1.0.0.0. Then I installed 1.0.1.0 and break point hit, it asks
for debugger, but Visual Studio would say, Your application is in Break
Mode, and no source code available.

Any tip I can break the Upgrade session in debug with code?

Regards
Farrukh