[wix-users] help with wix uninstall setting property to a registry entry for a customaction

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Thu Jun 9 13:13:08 PDT 2016

I understand that Merge Modules can be difficult and are only really needed when you plan to distribute the merge module to some other group who is not using the same version of WiX Toolset that you are using.  But if you are using these merge modules yourself, then it would probably be a better plan to create WiX library projects and reference them in the msi project.  The WiX source for the WiX \Setup also uses a WiX library project to author fragments that are used in multiple MSI projects.  I tend to put MSI related code in one Library, bundle related code in another library, and then also create other libraries for certain specific scenarios.