[wix-users] Have bundle ask if user wants shortcut on desktop

Lewie Fitz lewfitz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 18:55:21 PDT 2016

Never mind. LOL. Figured it out. Why don't I think of the right google
search until after I send out an email?

I have to set a variable to the name of my checkbox in the theme file.

<Checkbox Name="DesktopShortcutCheckbox" X="13" Y="160" Width="400"
Height="40" TabStop="yes" FontId="3" HideWhenDisabled="yes">Create a
shortcut to [WixBundleName] on the desktop.</Checkbox>

<Variable Name="DesktopShortcutCheckbox" Value="1"/>

On 6/2/2016 6:14 PM, Lewie Fitz wrote:
> Currently, my install package asks the user if she wants to install a
> shortcut on the desktop. I am putting this install into a bundle and
> am moving the install package UI to the bundle. I want the bundle to
> offer the desktop shortcut checkbox and pass the selection to the
> install package. How can I do this? Do i need to do a custom
> bootstrapper?

---