[wix-users] Components installed in dependent directories

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Thu Jul 28 12:40:37 PDT 2016

<SetProperty Id="MagicID" Value="[INSTALLDIR]_Demo" Before="CostFinalize" Sequence="both"/>

<Feature Id="ComponentAB">
  <ComponentRef Id="ComponentA"/>
  <ComponentRef Id="ComponentB"/>
</Feature>

<Directory Id="INSTALLDIR">
  <Component Id="ComponentA">
  <File Name="FileA"/>
  </Component>
</Directory>
  <Directory Id="MagicID" Name="_demo">
  <Component Id="ComponentB">
  <File Name="FileB"/>
  </Component>
  </Directory>

If you want the 2 folders in parallel.

Or do you really want the _Demo folder to be a child of the parent, and use the parent folders name as a prefix to the child folders name?
IE:
C:\Application\Foo\FileA