[wix-users] How to do Per user mode installation on specified folders

sampat magi ssmcs060 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 07:33:30 PDT 2016

I am using following in .wixproj (basically an msbuild) file

For msi and cab
  <PropertyGroup>
    <SignOutput>True</SignOutput>
    <SignToolPath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Kits\8.1\bin\x86\</SignToolPath>
  </PropertyGroup>

  <Target Name="SignCabs">
    <Exec Command=""$(SignToolPath)Signtool.exe" sign /f
D:\signing\Sankara.pfx /p 93Cx$1H(4m /t
http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll
"%(SignCabs.FullPath)"" />
  </Target>

  <Target Name="SignMsi">
    <Exec Command=""$(SignToolPath)signtool.exe" sign /f
D:\signing\Sankara.pfx /p 93Cx$1H(4m /t
http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll
"%(SignMsi.FullPath)"" />
  </Target>

For bootstrapper (WiXStdBA)

PropertyGroup>
    <SignOutput>True</SignOutput>
    <SignToolPath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Kits\8.1\bin\x86\</SignToolPath>
  </PropertyGroup>

  <Target Name="SignBundleEngine">
    <Exec Command=""$(SignToolPath)SignTool" sign /f
D:\signing\Sankara.pfx /p 93Cx$1H(4m /t
http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll "@
(SignBundleEngine)""/>
  </Target>

  <Target Name="SignBundle">
    <Exec Command=""$(SignToolPath)SignTool" sign /f
D:\signing\Sankara.pfx /p 93Cx$1H(4m /t
http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll "@
(SignBundle)""/>
  </Target>