[wix-users] Copied File (Existed) is not getting uninstalled

Anna Flyam | Landtech anna at landtechdataservices.com
Wed Jul 27 17:00:06 PDT 2016

First of all I would like to express my gratitude to this amazing support
group. Most of the time I am able to find the answers to my questions, but
if I can't, it's great to be able to ask here and receive almost immediate
response. Many thanks to Phill, Rob, and Jacob.
Below is my next issue.

In order to copy existing files during the install, I nested the CopyFile
element inside its own component element. The component element that hols
the CopyFile has its KeyPath set to "yes":

<ComponentGroup Id="ExistingDataComponents" Directory="ProgramD">
      <Component Id="CMP_ExistingDataCopy"
Guid="{0B18339C-36E2-40AA-BDAF-E70A4E6C27AC}" KeyPath="yes">
        <CopyFile Id="ExisingData" DestinationDirectory="ProgramD"
SourceProperty="NONMSIINSTALLPATH" SourceName="Myfile.dat" />
      </Component>
 </ComponentGroup>

CopyFile works, but this file is not getting uninstalled.
The KeyPath for this component is blank. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
Anna