[wix-users] Installer dialog guidance

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Jul 21 14:33:40 PDT 2016

I have an installer that I need to modify from its current state where a single custom dialog
prompts for a few text box entries corresponding to connection details, to one that asks for
"n" different sets of the similar details, then proceeds to write these in order of entry as subkeys
with corresponding values.

Is a CA the only way to accomplish this? Or does a dialog exist that can facilitate this, even if I
have to use a CA to write the data.

If it is a CA for both the dialog and registry writing, what can I do to make the UX as optimal
as possible? Something along the lines of a button "Add host" which calls the CA to prompt
for the details and inserts an entry into a listbox? How does one ask the base dialog with the
button to refresh the listbox?

Thanks for any insight.
jlc