[wix-users] McAfee products bundle

Douglas, Keith (STATCAN) keith.douglas at canada.ca
Thu Jul 21 13:26:08 PDT 2016

Anyone have any experience creating a bundle for the McAfee Agent, VSE and HIPS? These seem to be really messy things to install, lots of loose files and such. Is there a good way to learn (reverse engineer) where the install boundaries are so I can safely do this? For example, the "package" (really an archive) for the update to VSE that the folks that maintain this product for us sent along contains:

!ReadMe.html
deferred.mfe
immediate.mfe
Patch7.msp
PkgCatalog.z
Setup.exe
Setup.ini
VIRUSCAN8800(448).zip
VIRUSCANREPORTS120(272).zip
VSE880Det.mcs

Should I create a package to install the archive and then just custom action-run setup.exe? Does it matter where I sequence this? I figured since it will need Windows Installer I would want to try After=InstallFinalize etc. Of course that won't be transactional, etc. but ...

Keith Douglas

Programmer Analyst, Collection Systems Division
Statistics Canada / Government of Canada
Keith.Douglas at canada.ca<mailto:Keith.Douglas at canada.ca> / Tel : 613-854-5589

Programmeur analyste, Division des systèmes de collecte
Statistique Canada / Gouvernenment du Canada
Keith.Douglas at canada.ca<mailto:Keith.Douglas at canada.ca> / Tél :613-854-5589