[wix-users] Run Burn Boostrapper or the MBA Elevated

Huy Doan hdoan at vmware.com
Thu Jul 14 13:57:19 PDT 2016

I understand and Rob Mensching has had similar answers to many of these questions.

The problem I am encountering is when I do an upgrade, I hit cancel and everything rolls back. Then I launch the old bootstrapper silently to repair to make sure that the system is stable after a fail upgrade. The old bootstrapper at launching asks to be elevated one more time and I don't want the UAC prompt to appear in this scenario. Therefore I have tried to elevate the BA or the bootstrapper so when the BA launch the old bootstrapper, the prompt will not appear.