[wix-users] Custom Exit Dialog errors

Joel Budreau joel.budreau at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 09:02:47 PDT 2016

If you download the wix source and look at wix3\src\ext\UIExtension\wixlib\WixUI_InstallDir.wxs you’ll see that it references ‘ExitDialog’. If you open ExitDialog.wxs, in the same folder, you’ll see this at the bottom of the file:

            <InstallUISequence>
                <Show Dialog="ExitDialog" OnExit="success" Overridable="yes" />
            </InstallUISequence>

            <AdminUISequence>
                <Show Dialog="ExitDialog" OnExit="success" Overridable="yes" />
            </AdminUISequence>

You might be able to ‘turn off’ this dialog and enable your custom exit dialog by adding these lines to your wix source:

            <InstallUISequence>
                <Show Dialog="ExitDialog" Sequence=“<some number>”>NEVER</Show>
            </InstallUISequence>

            <AdminUISequence>
                <Show Dialog="ExitDialog" Sequence=“<some number>”>NEVER</Show>
            </AdminUISequence>

Now, the dialog’s sequence in the InstallUISequence and AdminUISequence has been changed, and it’s conditioned to never display. Now you’re free to apply your own custom finish dialog.

- Joel