[wix-users] heat.exe System.OutOfMemoryException help

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Wed Jul 13 15:08:39 PDT 2016

Hmm,
  I am able to run heat against a deployment with over 32k files and I don't get an out of memory exception.  What options are you passing to heat? (I also use the task not the command line.)

    <HeatDirectory NoLogo="true" ToolPath="$(WixToolPath)" VerboseOutput="true" AutogenerateGuids="true"
     GenerateGuidsNow="false" OutputFile="$(IntermediateOutputPath)All.wxs"
     SuppressFragments="true" Directory="$(A_OUTPUT_DIR)\Data\" ComponentGroupName="ProductComponents"
     DirectoryRefId="CommonData" PreprocessorVariable="var.SourceDataFolder" SuppressCom="true" SuppressRootDirectory="true" SuppressRegistry="true"
     Condition =" '$(UpToDate)' != 'Equal' "/>