[wix-users] Verbose MSI log not getting generated even after specifying /l*v

Kashif Md. mdkashif4u at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 11:14:48 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm encountering an issue with enabling MSI logs. An enterprise is facing
issue with installation of my product. I asked them to send across MSI logs
by using /l*v option on command line. However when they sent the logs those
were not verbose. The logs only contain status and error messages. They
insist that they are using /l*v on command line but I'm unable to
understand why the logs are not verbose.

I have seen this in the past also with another customer but didn't give
much thought to it then but now I really need verbose logs. I also checked
GPO setting but command line always takes precedence over GPO so I ruled it
out.

Does anyone has any idea why logs are not verbose even after using /l*v?

Also, customer is using SCCM in case this helps.

Thanks,
-kashif