[wix-users] Disable FilesInUse dialog and display custom dialogs instead

Phil Wilson phil.wilson at mvps.org
Mon Jul 11 10:02:28 PDT 2016

You might need to be more precise in that description. Windows Installer
does not close files. Do you mean you're using a WiX CloseApplication custom
action?Generally speaking the install detects in-use files that need
replacing and shows you that FilesInUse dialog prompting the user to close
the applications and the Rety button checks to see if the in-use files
situation has been resolved. It's not at all clear why this would cause the
install to fail. When you say it fails, does that mean it reports an error
and rolls back?

Phil W