[wix-users] Starting DISM.exe via Custom BA

Andreas Buchner Andreas.Buchner at inloox.com
Mon Jul 11 08:03:00 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

I´m trying to achieve to following in my Custom BA:

-       Check if all necessary IIS roles for our ASP.Net application are installed on the executing machine (just checking, not installing!)

-       We like to show the result to the user before the installation starts (so using a MSI in the bundle is not really an option)

-       Currently I´m using DISM.exe to get the necessary information, but dism requires admin privileges which is not possible in the bundle normally

I found out that I can manipulate the manifest-file via ResourceHacker to require admin privileges for the bundle. But I don´t like this option that much - seems to be pretty bad.

Any other ideas how to handle this task? Maybe another way than dism?
Thanks in advance!

Andreas