[wix-users] Support for multiple installed copies of Visual Studio

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Fri Jul 8 14:07:15 PDT 2016

We track issues in the WiX toolset on the issue tracker. We don't diagnose potential issues in the issue tracker that could be caused by environmental factors or who knows what. We do that diagnose on this mailing list. It's a preference we've had for a long time. Otherwise, our issue tracker fills up with lots of stuff that may or may not actually be a real problem.

At this point, I'm afraid I don't understand the root problem. WiX v3.8 doesn't support VS2015 because VS2015 came out well after WiX v3.8. So that can't be an issue. WiX v3.8 should install just fine in VS2010, VS2012 and (IIRC) VS2013 so not clear why it wouldn't be working there.