[wix-users] when creating registry value, can I not log it to the MSI log file? [P]

Steven Ogilvie Steven.Ogilvie at titus.com
Thu Jul 7 12:09:21 PDT 2016

Classification: Public
Can't do that...

MSI installer X has a dialog that asks for information in order to create a DB
If Windows authentication there isn't a password
If mixed authentication (or just SQL) there will be a password

MSI installer X has another dialog that asks information about the Web site it will create
It asks for the Web App Pool user + password (however if the web app pool user is a system user, i.e. LocalSystem, there isn't a password

So some of that information is gathered in MSI installer X which MSI installer Y will use and remove the registry entries by the end of the install

Thanks,

Steve

This message has been marked as Public by Steven Ogilvie on July 7, 2016 3:09:19 PM.
The above classification labels were added to the message by TITUS Message Classification.For More information visit www.titus.com.