[wix-users] Generating the .feed file for Update Notification...

Anna Flyam | Landtech anna at landtechdataservices.com
Wed Jul 6 14:18:24 PDT 2016

My managed bootstrapper application is based on Wix toolset setup project
(Model/UpdateViewModel/etc), and  I need to generate the .feed file during
the build to enable the Update notification process.
I tested the DetectUpdateBegin/Complete events by pointing the Update
 Location attribute for my Bundle to the [wixToolset feed URI] and it
worked :) . There are many ways to generate the feed file, but I am curious
to see how Wix toolset team did it.

I am not in the position right now to generate the feed on the server; it
has to be done on the build system and uploaded to the server as a static
feed file with the release (for now).
Jacob Hoover clarified the process for me.
As per Jacob, right now " each official build generates a file which gets
published to the site, and then it's processed by
https://github.com/wixtoolset/web/blob/master/root/layouts/appsyn.cshtml"
*Thank you, Jacob!* But I can't do it on the server...

As Rob Mensching pointed out in one of his older post (2013), "Wix toolset
generates the feed file during the build and copies it to the location with
the installation package",  but I need help to find 2 pieces of wx toolset
software (maybe < v3.10) that
1. generates the release\[rel_id].html.md file
2. processes .html.md file and generates .feed file and uploads it to the
web server

Thanks a lot.