[wix-users] Registry search weirdness

John Naylor mejohnnaylor at mac.com
Mon Jul 4 19:18:41 PDT 2016

I have a powershell script that installs and runs just fine.

When I try to run it during the install as a custom action I get a failure message in the log, and the install rolls back.

The problem line in the script is:

$myvar = Get-ItemProperty HKLM:SOFTWARE\path\to\property

The error in the log is that the item cannot be found.

Running this line at the powershell prompt, or invoking the script its in produces the expected result.

Does the installer prevent access to the registry during installation or something? I can't figure this one out.

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse brevity and auto-corruptions.