[wix-users] DetectRelatedMsiPackage

Huy Doan hdoan at vmware.com
Fri Jul 1 16:21:11 PDT 2016

I am not sure but from my understanding, the upgrade code is used to detect related components during the upgrade process. Two different products (different versions of the same product) would have different product codes. So upgrade code is there to show that who are related.

I did a debugging at bundle level and see that product codes are used in dependencies.

Hope this helps.