[wix-users] Cannot install WiX.

Ben Keeping Ben.Keeping at ultra-sonar.com
Fri Jul 1 03:17:58 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have been trying to install on my Windows 7 box running V3.10.2 and also some earlier versions such as 3.8 (since a message on the Review page said this might be necessary?).

I have tried running as Administrator and closing all other applications (I have VS2015 installed in case that's relevant).

All attempts fail with the "Failed, try again?" message. The box is behind a corporate firewall, is that likely to be the problem? The executable is around 24MB though, so I would assume it is self-contained?
Also, is there a more informative log generated somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Ben Keeping