[wix-users] Windows Power Plan

John Cooper JoCooper at jackhenry.com
Tue Jan 26 06:50:50 PST 2016

See here for some methods to reach the API:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/629240/prevent-windows-from-going-into-sleep-when-my-program-is-running

You'll need to author some C++ or C# custom actions.  They're going to be deferred, and you're going to need rollback custom actions too.

The installing user is very likely going to have to be a true administrator or elevate to a local administrator to avoid security exceptions.

--
John Merryweather Cooper
Senior Software Engineer | Integration Development Group | Enterprise Notification Service