[wix-users] WiX v3.10.2 Important Security Fix Release

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Fri Jan 22 06:49:37 PST 2016

I'll just add my plug nickel, that my WPF mba presents a WinForm MessageBox when the user requests command line help (-? Or -help) (and prior to creating the WPF main window).  I tested for this WinForm bug and did not observe any issue.  My tests were on Win 7 and Win 10, on en and zh (and I asked QA to test on other supported configurations Win7/2008R2 and later +JFIGS_zh+ko) with no reports of hitting this issue.  My guess is that the issue relates to finding a particular font, and it may relate to how the path to those fonts are specified in the application's resources, but I am just guessing.