[wix-users] [Wix]: MSI package creation failed due to sequence of " passing as an argument

David Watson dwatson at sdl.com
Thu Feb 18 06:48:38 PST 2016

Try wrapping your constant in quotes.
<DefineConstants>Debug;CommandArg="$(cmdArg)"</DefineConstants>

It looks like its currently being replaced as
<DefineConstants>Debug;CommandArg="""<DefineConstants>

And the ; are splitting the string up.

 [http://dr0muzwhcp26z.cloudfront.net/static/corporate/SDL-logo-2014.png] <www.sdl.com/>
www.sdl.com

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved. If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we further request that you advise us.

SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY, UK.