[wix-users] Streaming Bootstrapper - HTTPS Certificate Verification?

Raze, Leigh razel at amazon.com
Fri Feb 26 09:53:43 PST 2016

Hello!

I am using the Standard Bootstrapper application to pull down, via HTTPS, a number of MSIs that we have built to install our product. This is working fine, but I have a security question related to the Standard Bootstrapper and giving DownloadUrl an HTTPS link:

Does anyone know if and how the Standard Bootstrapper does certificate validation on anything downloaded through HTTPS? I have looked through the source code for WiX and the Standard Bootstrapper and have not been able to find any leads. The only mention of certificates I have found is in the IIS Extension, which is not applicable to our product.

Thanks!