[wix-users] How to get rid of the Welcome dialog in WixUI_InstallDir mode.

shashank khadse shashank.s.khadse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:39:15 PST 2016

Hello,
I am new to wix toolset. I have started using the toolset like 7-8 days.

Currently as per my requirements, I have been using the WixUI_InstallDir
standard dialogs. I needed some customizations so I have downloaded the
WixUI_InstallDir.wxs and InstallDirDlg.wxs. I have made some changes to
dialogs and also introduced some custom actions for those added dialogs.

Thanks to the simplicity of the standard dialogs, I am able to create msi
setup.

For creating the setup executable and adding prerequisites , I used the
bootstrap application where in I bundles the created msi. Now the issue is
the bootstrap comes with its own Welcome dialog and the embedded msi also
shows its own dialog box. In order to get rid of the msi welcome dialog, I
have removed the Publish statemnts related to Welcome dlg
from the custom WixUI_InstallDir.wxs. But I am not able to get rid of the
welcome dialog.

Is there any way to get rid of the msi welcome dialog ?

If not then, is there any possibility to get rid of the Welcome dlg of the
bootstrap ?

Anyhow I want to get rid of the either of the dlg. ( Removing msi dlg would
be most welcome :) )

Could you please help me to resolve this issue.

Let me know if you need some more input from me.

Thanks in advance.
Shanky