[wix-users] Not able to install .net 4.6.1 if .net 4.0 or higher already installed

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Thu Feb 18 09:40:07 PST 2016

Might want to take a look at: https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3/pull/324/files

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users [mailto:wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Ali Karimi
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 11:30 AM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Subject: [wix-users] Not able to install .net 4.6.1 if .net 4.0 or higher already installed

Hello,

We are trying to included 4.6.1 as prerequisite for our installation application. This has been given in the bundle and separate netfx.wxs file accordingly. It is wokring on machines not having any .net installed or the installed .net version is less than 4.0.
Please advice how to proceed to make is execute and install on a mahcine having an installed .net versoin which is higher or equal to 4.0 but not 4.6.1 We are using wix 3.9 R2. Has anyone succeeded installing 4.6.1 on a machine that already have 4.0 or any of the family up to 4.6?If so coudl you please provide how you managed this in wix Thank you in advance.
BR,
Ali