[wix-users] Custom Bootstrapper Launch Conditions

Colin Sim Colin.Sim at ipfx.com
Wed Feb 17 11:43:45 PST 2016

I have written a custom bootstrapper; however, when I come to adding launch conditions (i.e. bal:Condition elements) in the bundle it does not look like these conditions are evaluated.

I have looked at the burn engine code and from what I can see ConditionGlobalCheck is called to check global conditions (appears to correspond to bal:Condition elements). However, looking in the WixBA code, the custom bootstrapper calls Engine.EvaluateCondition to evaluate launch conditions.

Am I doing something wrong in how I've written the bal:Condition elements or do I need to write the evaluation code in my custom bootstrapper? If the code has to be written in the custom boostrapper, why is that?

This e-mail contains IPFX information which may be privileged or confidential and is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise immediately to the e-mail address above and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. We monitor our e-mail system and may record your e-mails. Thank you.