[wix-users] Stub executable does not contain a .wixburn data section - WAT?

Tim Long Tim at tigranetworks.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 00:52:15 PST 2016

I've discovered there are two versions of the package that differ only in the patch version number and yet have different features (so, semantic versioning rules are broken).

The most recent version is 3.10.0.1503 which is a "custom build with support for installing visual studio extensions". The prior version, 3.10.0.1502, has the "official WiX Toolset 3.10 binaries" and that one successfully builds my bootstrapper.

It's quite a mess, there are at least 4 of these unofficial packages on NuGet. There is clearly a need that is not being met by the official toolset.

Best regards,
Tim Long