[wix-users] Persisted hidden variables are written to log file

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Thu Feb 11 07:40:51 PST 2016

If this a typo?     MsiProperty/@Id="ManagementAccountPassword" />

I think it needs to be all uppercase to pass in as a MsiProperty public property, so I think your code should be:

Bundle code:
    <Variable
      Hidden="yes"
      Name="ManagementAccountPassword"
      Persisted="yes" />

      <MsiPackage

        Id="MsiPackage"

        SourceFile="$(var.Deployment.Package.TargetPath)">

        <MsiProperty

          Name="MANAGEMENTACCOUNTPASSWORD"

          Value="[ManagementAccountPassword]" />

      </MsiPackage>