[wix-users] How to detect which version (if any) of WiX Toolset is installed on the computer?

Tobias S tobias.s1979 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 23:58:43 PST 2016

I mean't searching for key where
value BundleUpgradeCode contains {65E893AD-EDD5-4E7D-80CA-F0F50F383532}
under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

That key should be then the Burn hive. And in that key check e.g. for
EngineVersion value.

The mentioned ARP key which is dynamically generated for each Bundle build
is AFAIK the Bundle ID.