[wix-users] How to detect which version (if any) of WiX Toolset is installed on the computer?

Konstantin Erman konste at ermank.com
Sun Feb 7 20:19:58 PST 2016

I need to write PowerShell script to detect WiX Toolset version on all Dev computers in order to make sure that everybody use the same version. I understand how to detect separate MSI products (5 total) which make up the Toolset, but wonder if there is a way to detect it as Burn bundle and get back version of a bundle. All posts I could find talk about detection from bootstrapper or otherwise from within WiX itself, but I need external check, i.e. not from any particular installer, but from regular script with admin permissions.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Konstantin
< sent from mobile device >