[wix-users] Error 0x80070570 only on some computers

John Ludlow john.ludlow.uk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 07:06:31 PST 2016

Might want to check whether it's the BA that's failing or the MSI package
itself.

FWIW, 0x80070570 = 1392, which is not listed on the MSI error page (
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa372835(v=vs.85).aspx)
but is listed here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/windows/desktop/ms681385(v=vs.85).aspx.
It's listed as ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT.

c:\>err 0x80070570
# as an HRESULT: Severity: FAILURE (1), Facility: 0x7, Code 0x570
# for hex 0x570 / decimal 1392 :
  ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT                                            winerror.h
# The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
# 1 matches found for "0x80070570"

Hope that helps.

John