[wix-users] (no subject)

Brannon King Brannon.King at asirobots.com
Mon Feb 1 16:04:20 PST 2016

As part of one of my installers, I need to start a background process when it is done copying files. When updating I need to stop the process and restart it again after the files have been updated. When uninstalling, I need to stop the process before the files are removed. Using the sequence below, it appears that when I’m updating to a newer build, the “Stop” call happens after the file copy is attempted. It fails to overwrite the files that were executing. Also, I know that the previous bundle is removed with a -quiet call to the same installer, and I never want that to halt my freshly-started background service. What is the right Before/After and conditions for my scenario?

<InstallExecuteSequence>
                <Custom Action="StartBackgroundService" Before="InstallFinalize">NOT (REMOVE ~= "ALL") AND BUNDLESAYSSTARTBACKGROUNDSERVICE</Custom>
                <Custom Action="StopBackgroundService" After="InstallInitialize">Installed OR (REMOVE ~= "ALL")</Custom>
</InstallExecuteSequence>

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the recipient. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.