[wix-users] Can't debug Managed Bootstrapper with Wix 3.10.2

Farrukh Waheed farrukh1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 00:01:26 PST 2016

Hi Guys,
Don't know if it is only me facing this. I was able to debug my managed
bootstrapper project in VS 2013 with Wix 3.10.0.2xxx properly. But when I
installed 3.10.2, it was unable to detect any breakbpoints and started
directly without stopping at any breakpoint. I tried cleaning solution,
Rebuild again and again, but in vain.

The only workaround I found to make it debug is to use this code:
#if DEBUG
           Debugger.Launch();
#endif

And it would launch a separate instance of Visual Studio to debug from here.

I verified this, by un-installing 3.10.2 and installed 3.10.0.2xxx and it
started working fine. Then I installed 3.10.2 again and problem comes back
again.

Anyone else is facing similar issues? Is this a bug of 3.10.2?

Regards
Farrukh Waheed