[wix-users] 64-bit app shows up twice on Win10, once as 32-bit and once as 64-bit

Dale Barnard DBarnard at thorlabs.com
Wed Dec 21 12:35:53 PST 2016

Thanks, Joel. I don't see any registry folder for HKLM\WOW6432Node, though I did see one under HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node, but there was no section for my app in there.

I have a suspicion that the bootstrapper always builds a 32-bit exe that installs my 64-bit app, so Revo Uninstaller sees it as 32-bit. I'm not sure why on Windows 10 it also lists the app as 64-bit (two entries for the same install).

Thanks,

Dale