[wix-users] 64-bit app shows up twice on Win10, once as 32-bit and once as 64-bit

Dale Barnard DBarnard at thorlabs.com
Wed Dec 21 11:11:53 PST 2016

I have a 64-bit application that seems to work fine, but when using Revo Uninstaller, I noticed the following strange behavior.

1.       On Win10, it shows up twice, once as 32-bit and once as 64-bit. It does not install any files to Program Files (x86).

2.       On Win7, it shows up once, but it's as 32-bit.

In both cases, the 64-bit app works fine.

I'm sure I've done something wrong in my product.wxs or bootstrapper. Any ideas what to look for?

Thanks!

Dale