[wix-users] installing 64 bit files within a 32 bit MSI [P]

David Watson dwatson at sdl.com
Tue Dec 20 09:04:16 PST 2016

You can't install a 64 bit msi on a 32 bit OS so your MSI would need to be 32 bit.
You can't write to 64 bit locations (registry, program files etc) from a 32 bit msi on a 64 bit OS.

The correct way is to have two MSIs.
So if you don’t care about logo compliancy and suppress ICE you can fudge things.
But why fight the OS and make work for yourself when you are already doing the right thing?

Dave

[http://dr0muzwhcp26z.cloudfront.net/static/corporate/SDL_emailLogo.png]<www.sdl.com/>
www.sdl.com

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved. If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we further request that you advise us.

SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY, UK.