[wix-users] Custom Action

Richard D. Brown II rdbrownii at comcast.net
Mon Dec 19 15:58:53 PST 2016

Hi All,

Is there a way to access the contents of the .cab file from within an
installer's custom action (written in C#)?  I need to get the main .exe
being installed for licensing verification.  This needs to happen before
anything gets installed on the client.  I have an alternate solution of
including the exe as an embedded resource in the custom action dll, but it's
not an ideal solution.  For one, it's already embedded in the cab file
within the msi and it could be easily missed when updating the application
and the install.

I'd appreciate any help (hopefully with a code sample showing how to do it)
you can give.

Thanks. RickB