[wix-users] How can a standard bootstrapper detect an MS Update?

Joel Budreau joel.budreau at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 12:03:46 PST 2016

I'm sure there's an API to handle this, but you could also create a pipe to
execute the commands listed here and then parse the output -
http://serverfault.com/questions/263847/how-can-i-query-my-system-via-command-line-to-see-if-a-kb-patch-is-installed
.

Look here for some example code on how to execute a command and parse the
output in C++ - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/96ayss4b.aspx.