[wix-users] Always do major upgrades

Wolfgang Haupt haupt.wolfgang at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 07:03:31 PST 2016

Thx for your fast answer.
Would it be an option to always harvest my files with heat in a
create_setup.bat and generate new GUID's for every component?
Reading the MSI-Log it seems, the windows installer takes the GUID of my
component to lookup if it's already installed, or does it take the keypath
into account and I really have to change the filedate or version, to get
this right.
Basically this setup is a migration of a very old InstallShield-Setup that
uses "always overwrite" utterly often.

Skildum, Mat <Mathew.Skildum at aspect.com> schrieb am Mi., 7. Dez. 2016 um
15:56 Uhr: