[wix-users] Multiple msps in a burn bundle doesn't patch correctly

David Watson dwatson at sdl.com
Sat Dec 3 15:16:19 PST 2016

Check the log :)

In this scenario WI will load the msi and the patches and determine applicability and order. It will apply the transforms that it thinks apply to the base msi and then run the installation.

Check to see that the patches are indeed being selected to be applied and in which order, you may also be able to load multiple patches into orca or Insted to see what transforms are applied.

Look at the things that are wrong, is a file missing or just not upgraded to the right version - check the log for these particular items for clues and see how that component has changed over time.

Also it may be appropriate for a clean install of V3 to be different to a patched version if you only include certain things in the patch family.

[http://dr0muzwhcp26z.cloudfront.net/static/corporate/SDL_emailLogo.png]<www.sdl.com/>
www.sdl.com

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved. If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we further request that you advise us.

SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY, UK.