[wix-users] No-UI bundle

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Tue Aug 30 09:46:55 PDT 2016

Hi,

So I am trying to customize the default log file name and location and with a bootstrapper with just the one MSI in it seems to work.  So I have the following:
            <MsiPackage SourceFile="$(var.WebApiSetup.TargetPath)" DisplayInternalUI="yes" Compressed="yes" LogPathVariable="Temp" Vital="yes" />

This seems to work well, I get the UI showing up, the log file goes to the temp folder and even as an added bonus, burn automatically adds the current date/time to the end of the file name, perfect, exactly what I want!

So the next step is to create a custom BootstrapperApplication class so that I can get rid of the burn UI.  I have a C# library, did the stuff to AssemblyInfo.cs and created a BootstrapperApplication derived class.  Now I need to figure out what the Run method has to do.  I can call Dispatcher.Run(), but without a UI, how will it ever fire the event to call Quit?

Thanks,
Tyrel