[wix-users] Non versioned files

John Cooper JoCooper at jackhenry.com
Mon Aug 29 06:10:02 PDT 2016

Pitfall is that the behavior of the Component will be determined by whatever file is the key path.  If it is a non-versioned file, you have non-versioned file behavior (e.g., comparison with the hashes and timestamps, etc.) where in some scenarios the payload files will not be processed.

I would use a key path calculated to have the install/update/repair/uninstall behavior you want for the payload un-versioned files.

--
John Merryweather Cooper
Senior Software Engineer -- Integration Development Group -- Enterprise Notification Service
JoCooper at jackhenry.com