[wix-users] Non versioned files

Neil Hayes Neil.Hayes at syspro.com
Mon Aug 29 05:28:44 PDT 2016

I think we all agree best practice says 1 file = 1 component and I think this works for you general installs.

I ship over 36,000 files of which 34,000 are not DLL's, exe or OCX's files. Instead they are XML, XSD or other etc.

Would it be safe to group 'n' number of XML files into 1 component, 'n' amount of XSD into another component etc. or should it stay 1 file 1 component?

If grouped what if the max number of files I should put into a component and why?

Pitfalls?

Neil