[wix-users] Weird and unwanted advertising behavior

Benjamin Zuill-Smith bzuillsmith at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 21:09:15 PDT 2016

Just to wrap this up, I didn't realize CreateFolder was not in the
InstallExecuteSequence. For some reason Wix did not autodetect that from
the merge module for this particular installer project, but it was able to
automatically add it for a simpler installer project. Thus, the component
failed to install (silently), and then when my program ran, those resources
in the folder were trying to be accessed, but the components were missing
and the installer attempted to automatically repair each time one of the
resources was requested. Thanks for letting me externally process using
this email thread :)

Ben Zuill-Smith

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Benjamin Zuill-Smith <bzuillsmith at gmail.com