[wix-users] VsixPackage target & uninstall

Jan Kucera (Brook Street) a-jankuc at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 22 13:58:29 PDT 2016

Hello,

let's say I am trying to use the VSExtension to get a VSIX package installed:

<VSExtension:VsixPackage File="MyVSIX" PackageId="..." Target="professional" TargetVersion="14.0" Vital="yes" Permanent="no"/>

If the user has Enterprise edition (only), it installs fine (I guess professional means professional and up) but when trying to uninstall, the uninstallation fails with 2003. Running it manually results in error that the extension is not installed to "Pro".

Any advice on how to make the uninstall working too?

Thanks,
Jan