[wix-users] Elevated CA before GUI?

Persson, Magnus (SE-TLX) magnus.persson at assaabloy.com
Wed Aug 17 06:09:39 PDT 2016

I am fairly new to WiX and have not yet looked at the util schema.
Perhaps that will work.
It would be nicer to stop our services and kill our processes from WiX
instead of asking the user to do it manually and restart the msi/setup-file.

I see there is a 'TerminateProcess' attribute to the CloseApplication
util. As long as this can be called before the file copy process starts
it will be fine.

The RestartResource sound like it will restart the service. What I need
is to stop the service. Can this be done?

Regards,
Magnus